Monday, September 15, 2014

The Epic Week of Church :)‏

Such a good week!!!! So many things happened this week. I can't even.. :) So starting with Monday.. We were going to go over to our ward mission leaders house to watch the prophet of the restoration with an investigator that is close with them. So after going all around town to get the movie from people we ended up watching the testament instead. Which seemed great... :) haha most awkward thing Eva!!! It kinda turned into a "Friday night movie" deal even though it was FHE so there were people cuddling and being cute and icky then there was just me and Sis Giles in the corner being the awkward sister missionaries. I have never felt sooooo much awkward in the air. Then when we got home the other sisters car was already there and their dome light was still on but there was no lights on in our apartment. We were like uhhhh what the? And we unlocked the door and no one was there and then BAM they scared the crap out of us. I almost peed myself. It was so scary. We thought they had been taken or something and one of them was like that wouldn't happen and all I said was "Saratov Approach" and she was like ....... Yeah.. Now I'm freaked out! Hahaha it was so funny though :)
The next day we studied and then I went on my first exchange with the sister training leaders! Super fun! The sister I went with was awesome. I spent the night in their apartment and we were in the YSA ward. Super fun! We were on campus so we got to walk around and talk to some cool people that are my age :) we had some super cool lessons too! We taught this girl that was super close to baptism and then she dropped the sisters hardcore because she had doubts from false stuff she has read. Then a friend in the ward resolved her concerns and she started meeting with the sisters again. We were going to teach the restoration but instead she had questions about the plan of salvation and we talked about that. She was soooo cool! She had lots of perfect questions and it was amazing. When we first got there she was like oh I was just listening to conference talks! What? She's an investigator ahh and she was talking about " when" she gets baptized and what "we" believe and she aid she wants to be married in the temple. She was amazing! Then we had dinner with an awesome sister that went to USU and she was the coolest person ever :) and made excellent cookies. Haha :) then we met with a recent convert that told us about a talk she heard at a devotional and it was about what will happen when we get to the other side and people will ask which prophet was on the earth when we were there. Some will say they lived in the time of Abraham and such. Then some will say Brigham Young and everyone will be amazed at the strength of those saints. Then we will say Thomas S. Monson and everyone will go quiet and be astonished because of the strength that we have in the last days. It gave me chills when she was talking about it :) super cool.
Then next morning we studied together then did some service at the YMCA then met back up with our companions and then I went to a lesson with the as me girl that watched the movie with us. She is so great. She is still having a hard time with her family though. But we had set out to do the restoration with her, and I had no idea what our real plan was, but then my companions pulls out the plan of salvation cards and we taught that and it was a powerful lesson. She said she really needed to hear that message of hope because she was having a rough time, and we told her that was not even our plan but the spirit prompted it and she was amazed. She got emotional and told us thank you. It was so cool!!! These miracles just don't quit. :) after that we had a lesson with Donna the one we found my first day. We got to the door and she says "I only have 15 minutes but come in!" She was having a bunko party :) haha then we ended up talking until her friends got there but before we had left her with a plan of salvation pamphlet and she read it and it was sitting on top of her BOM facing us again. And then she asked if that copy was hers and we were like YESSSSS and then she told us how comfortable she feels when she is with us and how she told her friends about us :) like what?! You aren't even embarrassed about us? Haha and her friends asked them why she even let us in and she totally stood up for us and said because she likes us :) haha then she said she would like to learn mor about the 3 kingdoms thing next time :) haha we didn't even have to set up an appointment. She is awesome! :) then we went to mutual. Haha these girls crack me up! They kept asking for our first names and I finally got to use the line "sister" haha just like the elders did to me when I was younger.

The next day we went to do service and the bishops house with his wife. She is awesome. Her garden was just going nuts so she couldn't keep up. So we picked tomatoes and then sliced pears for them to dry. Totally reminded me of when I was a kid helping Mary Ellen with all those kinds of things. So I still got to help in a garden after all! Be sure to tell Rex that. :)  Then we were planning for this week and got interrupted with a call saying we would be moving to another apartment. Haha in the middles of the transfer :) then we taught a sweet lesson on King Benjamin's sermon and committed the sister to come to church :) the next day we had new missionary training and district meeting. It was great! Our mission theme is being fishers of men so we talked about what that means and went fishing! We used a real pole and everything to fish for bags of candy. Haha super fun! Then we went home and packed up our stuff and moved! Haha so we are now living in a little   (so I typed the first part of this on my ipad and then a heck of a time trying to get it from there to the library computer for some weird reason) technology seriously hates me. anyway. we are living in this little apartment above a members home. Still outside our area... but President didn't want all 4 of us together anymore. :(  We were the only missionaries in the whole mission that had 4 in an apartment. haha but it sounds like it's a temporary move so I haven't unpacked like any of my stuff... haha :) tis the life of a missionary I guess. The family we are living with are the Cottles. The mom reminds me sooooooooooooooooo much of Lisa Porter :) it's so cool! I love her already. The apartment is soooo old school. I was going to take a picture of the shower cause it's kinda comical when it's not you showering in it. the shower heads points towards the curtain and it's very small. haha :) Sister Giles started cracking up just telling me about it because I'm practically a giant compared to her. hahaha. anyway, it's really fantastic :) After that we went to dinner and guess flipping what!? I had split pea soup and didn't gag once!! haha So much like baby food... so much. The member goes "A lot of younger people don't like it" Uhh so you make it for the elderly sister missionaries huh? :) Then we had a lesson with the little girls that have some crazy issues. one just literally kicked and screamed and swore at her mother the entire time. super sad. the oldest one is amazing though!! we sang I am a child of God with her and during the screaming she just kept singing it. I love her :) We are going to make her a CD of primary songs today :) then we had a lesson with a woman that I think I have mentioned before, but who knows? :) She is super knowledgeable, but she has been baptized in a couple of other churches and doesn't understand the need to get baptized again. We had a fabulous lesson with her about covenants and I was so impressed to tell her that if she comes to church and gets baptized she will have the strength to overcome her problems with anxiety. It was so cool! I couldn't believe what was coming out of my mouth haha :) She was in tears and she goes "Do I need to get baptized again?" Yes sister :) you do! She said she would think about church and such and call us the next day. So she did :) The next day we helped out at a funeral. Interesting.. but after that she called us!! She said I thought a lot about what you girls have been doing and the only thing you have been doing is inviting me to choose to be a part of something. so I will come to church!! :) That night we had a couple of lessons. One of which the topic of Guy on a Buffalo and Llamas with hats came up bahahahahaha My companion had no idea what we were talking about. It was hilarious :) haha that night we had halibut for dinner..... :/ meh. I had to keep telling myself it was chicken because the texture was icky. and the member would not stop talking.... haha :) she talked for an hour straight about genealogy and we were like well we have to go now..... and she kept talking. We finally had to just be straight up and say we really have to go. and she still followed us out the door talking. ahhhh Oregonians. :) 
Yesterday was fantastic! the 2 older ladies came to church!!!!!!!  We were so excited!! :) The Lady we taught this week stayed all 3 hours despite her anxiety and she was a rockstar. Our Ward Mission Leader teaches Gospel Principles and he is so good. I'll write you a letter about the lesson because it impacted me a ton!! :) It was so fantastic. And after church she said she LOVED it! she said she has always felt like a feather floating around and she felt like she belonged here. and she asked what her next step is :) Is this for real?! Like these things really do happen! We are planning on committing her to be baptized next month. She is seriously the most prepared person ever!! :) We had a few lessons and I got to show some members the Come unto Christ music video. My favorite! :) then we had dinner at the coolest members house :) I love that family. Then we went to finally watch the Prophet of the Restoration and it was a lot less awkward this time. I love that movie!! :) and now you are all up to date on my life I think! :) 

Can you even wait for General Conference?!?! I'm so excited!! :) 
We should still be having a couple of baptisms next week! :) super excited and I'll keep you posted on Marvina! Can you handle the suspense?! I can't!! :) 

I just love this. It's so great to be a missionary. I couldn't imagine not meeting these people. They are truly wonderful :) 
OH! We had a butt ton of member present lessons this week too :) It's a big deal. 

Okay :) well, I think that is it. So have a wonderful week! :) I love you all bunches!! :) 

Love, 
Sister Stucki


No comments:

Post a Comment