Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1st P-day



So the MTC is crazy!! It's super awesome though. I'll try to attach a picture of the schedule, but really we have something to be doing every minute from 6:30 to 10:30. It's exhausting. In the best possible way though. 
So you know how I didn't understand how the MTC investigator thing worked? Well now I surely do. So one of the ones we start out on is a teacher. So the MTC teachers that we are assigned to as a district (which there is 8 in mine), well the teachers act as an investigator that they had on their mission. It's soooooooooo crazy. Like they are completely different people. We had the opportunity to teach them the 2nd day we were here. and thankfully the Lord knew I would have a mental breakdown if I had to know another language, because those missionaries have to teach in their mission language (on the 2nd day!!!) but yeah. That's pretty awesome. It is super cool though! It has really opened my eyes on how we are teaching and getting to know people. not just giving them lessons and telling them what to do and how to feel. The first night we had a workshop where we taught 3 different actors (can be investigators for real, recent converts usually) and as a group we totally failed. People were in tears. It was sketchy. I was like what the heck just happened??! But it is better now that we know those things. I just feel bad for the sister that made the investigator cry... It is like ingrained in my mind. anyway... We also have a TRC investigator (acting also) but ours is super tough... we teach her again tonight. but when we talked with her about prayer she related it to her telling us to run through the wall and being able to go to Hogwarts. That's how that went.. Somehow I ended up telling her that she does believe in God. Which sounds rude. But I felt the Spirit the whole time. So we'll see how it goes tonight. Prayers please!!! We also get to teach members!!! It's so cool! So on Monday we got to talk to the sweetest sister. Oh my heck. We went into thinking we'll talk baout God's love for her and all of His children, and member missionary work and how it's so awesome and important. And she totally opened up to us. She told us her nephew was in a mental institution and he went to mormon church and was like this is awesome!! God still loves me! Which was super great. and thennnnnnnnn she was talking about her son going into the marines instead of going on a mission and I could tell it kinda upset her. So we shared a scripture about faith from Enos. and my awesome companion talked about her faith and testimony in the BoM and then I got the biggest prompting ever!! It was crazy cool!!! I said I know what it's like to watch loved ones struggle and such.. and then I promised her, and said "as a representative of Jesus Christ  I promise you that as long as you put your faith in the Lord everything will turn out just like it is supposed to." Like it was soooooooo powerful. The room was so full of the Spirit. I've never understood the power and authority we get as missionaries until that very moment. It was even cooler than it sounds. and we were all crying. It was awesome!!!! :) I'm for real a missionary. haha :) can you even believe it? 


Sundays are kinda weird here. They don't do the whole block of meetings at once. It is interesting. The districts are split up into branches. so there is a couple of districts in each branch. so sacrament is small. and a little awkward. but it's fine. haha :) Relief Society is awesome! We have all the sisters meet in that. ahhh soooo many missionaries! It's great!! Umm we also had a Devotional on Sunday night. and Jenny Oaks Baker spoke and played for us. She is Elder Oaks' daughter. Am I the only one who didn't know that?? haha :) But she was great! Her 9 year old plays the cello 10000X better than I do.. sad day for me... but it was great!! :) We also had a devotional last night with all the missionaries. it was awesome!! Sister Oscarson (YW general President) spoke to us. She is so nice and fun! She spoke about how to improve as missionaries. haha there is a lot I can work on :) for sure. 

Some cool things about being here: I see Sister Grover all the time!! :) Love her! I've also seen Elder Fitzgerald and some others from High School! It's been a party! :) And yes. I am supposed to always refer to everyone as Elders and Sisters... not even saying "you guys" is okay.. Our district makes you either run laps for gym time or drink the orange juice (which causes issues I've heard...) so yeah. It's a big deal.. :) haha um oh yeah! I sang in the choir for the devo. It was awesome. We sang precious Savior, Dear Redeemer if that means anything to you.. I had never heard it before, but it was fun! This morning I got to do a session in the Provo temple! It was super great! and a stress reliever! I almost fell asleep. Well, almost might be an understatement.. but that's just cause it's hard to sit for any amount of time, let alone in such a peaceful place!!! Oh the other people that are in my district are Elder Earl (who is 25 cool huh?) and Elder Bearss. Elder Howard. and Elder Kelsey. We have fun alllllll the time! They are great! :) Ummm there is soooo much to say. I never have enough time for anything!!! Oh! We pray all the time. It's cool. I have gotten used to people having conversations while other people are praying and saying prayers in the weirdest moments. haha :) but every time I do it helps me in one way or another. It's a huge blessing. :) ummm soo my flight. I will leave the MTC at 6:30 am on Wednesday morning. My flight leaves at 11:30. So sometime in between there I will be able to call you. :) That's pretty exciting!! :) 



I LOVE YOU ALL SO STINKING MUCH!!! 

I'm loving it here so don't worry too much okay?! :) You're the best. 

Love,
Sister Stucki   

No comments:

Post a Comment